In the light of the new data protection regulation coming into existence from May 2018, we will be talking about the new regulation and how it will influence start-ups, mainly SaaS-based enterprises in the field of health tech, ad tech, MedTech and fintech. The talk will also be beneficial for start-up companies in any other field who collect and process personal data of its customers (so pretty much any active company in existence).
We will be talking about issues such as:
- In what manner and extent the personal data of a customer can be processed by the company;
- What is the obligation of the companies to protect their customer’s data “by default” and “by design”;
- What is data portability and the customer’s right to be forgotten;
- What are the obligations if the company merely provides data center services or carries out specific data-processing tasks on behalf of a third party;
- What are the new obligations to keep a data registry, carry out an impact assessment, and appoint a data protection officer?
Regardless of how many of these words above rang a bell for you, this session will help you remain on top of things as the new laws come into being. Especially as there is a clear indication from regulators of EU that protection of personal data must be taken seriously and failure to do so may become costly.« Back to articles