Table of Contents
According to Chambers rankings, Hedman Partners is one of the few top law firms in Estonia in FinTech Legal. Spotlight list of ranked individuals highlighted our partner Toomas Seppel.
Our assistance to FinTech start-ups continues throughout their lifecycle, from VC funding and mergers with other companies, through to public offerings—but always maintains a focus on meeting the regulatory requirements at each stage.
To ensure that our clients always receive the most up-to-date regulatory advice, we maintain close ties with Estonia’s legislature that passes new laws and are even involved in initiatives to assist the government in developing such new laws; for example, we are members of a FinTech working group in FinanceEstonia, a public-private enterprise that was set up in part to enable Estonia to maintain its position as a global hub for FinTech companies and start-ups.
Notable Chambers feedback on Hedman Partners
- Hedman Partners specializes in serving disruptive FinTech startups and helping them navigate Estonia’s regulatory regime, often through obtaining the necessary permits and licenses. Financial compliance, crowdfunding platforms, STOs, and data protection remain key areas of focus for the firm at this point;
- The team has spent the last twelve months assisting a range of clients, including cryptocurrency exchange platforms, crowdfunding platforms, lending companies, and online brokers.
What our clients say
- Hedman is very strong with startups. The team there made an early and big entrance into the sector and I think they’re doing good work with those disruptive clients;
- They’ve been efficient, responsible and I’d definitely recommend the team to others;
- Toomas Seppel is the main man for FinTech at Hedman. He’s known for this field and especially in crypto.
Chambers FinTech is a comprehensive guide to the leading Fintech professionals across the world. FinTech 2021 features the top professional advisers with their fingers on the pulse.
Often referred to as ‘the gold-standard’, Chambers delivers insight and analysis on the global legal profession that is unrivaled in its reach and depth.
« Back to news